ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

DTP - Epicloud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gaia

PostSubject: DTP - Epicloud   Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Anyone else looking forward to this album?

"EPICLOUD LISTENING PARTY!" Video:

Personally I'm not going to listen to this now. Perhaps that is Mr Townsends goal with this approach. There can't be many big name underground artists that put up a whole album for listening before actual release date. It might be a case of devils advocate but, I'll wait for the actual thing.

The album looks very nice, or rather albums I should say, as their is an interesting concept of literally 2 albums worth of music on the deluxe edition, the 2nd disc of which is supposedly in rough demo format.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: DTP - Epicloud   Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:07 am

This video is private Sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: DTP - Epicloud   Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 pm

No worries Tommy I'm sure you'll get another chance soon, besides that version had Devin narrating over it for legal reasons, label spiel. I don't know about anyone else but, knowing Devins character... I didn't want initial impressions spoiled by Devin belching or whatever on top of it like a clown ("Fooken wanker!"). In fact as I understand, the reason it was made private was because he acted first and thought later.

I have heard the album now (disc 1 at least), gave it a listen the other day first time. Some initial thoughts: I think Devin is truly on fire right now in his musical life. All I will really say at this stage is it's truly, jaw-droppingly spectacular overall imo. This has to be one of the best Devin solo albums ever, top 2-3 for sure, time will decide if it's the best but... very very possible.

Annekes voice is simply stunning, other-worldly. Actually, I'm finding the Epicness is a bit over the top here and there if that's possible, so strong at times it's almost sick-inducing... at least it was for me when I listened it first time out riding my bike, LoL! I have honestly never, ever heard anything as spectacularly amazing, heavy and epic as this (for a rock/progressive metal genre at least), and I doubt I will again outside of the DTPs work. There is no competition in the genre far as I'm concerned. It's everything I hoped it would be and much more. Will be listening to it for donkeys to come. Initial rating 9.999/10. Unlikely to change.

I hadn't pre-ordered this album as I was a (small) bit disappointed with past efforts but, I went straight ahead after getting back and tried to order merch from Devin... naturally they are currently out of stock. Perhaps that's a little lesson for losing some faith. I ponder how much the trends in society (e.g. illegal downloads) have affected bands like DTP, with regards to motivating them to improve the content of their work!

That's enough for now. I shall leave you with some pictures I took on my ride, which was quite a bizarre experience. I'm no photographer yet but, enjoy:

"More!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: DTP - Epicloud   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:03 pm

I don't know what he's been eating in recent times but, the 2nd disc is just as good as the first and possibly better in some ways.

Guy is on a roll and a half. Incredible stuff. Hope he can keep it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blastrealmz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DTP - Epicloud   Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 am

checked the show out last month was a couple days before the album was released, Devy put on an epic show as always even being on a Sun! The vocalist of Paradise Lost gave up after the 2nd song & said his voice was fucked & walked off stage. I have never seen that happen at any show before, talk about gay! You would think he would've cancelled opening before making an arse of himself, oh well my expectations weren't high for them to begin with haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile

DTP - Epicloud
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORBETH EMPIRE :: Other Music Discussion-
Jump to: