ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Grandiose Things

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Thu May 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Haha the smack of the heavens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Come on, Willy Fog is epic in all its extremities.
Back to top Go down
Eisen

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Goosebumps.

I've yet to finish the series, but this story really intrigues me. This is the "original" ending which fans obstinently decried until it got DLC, but even so there's a theory (supported by some thick evidence apparently) that this is the character hallucinating, and the changes in his face symbolizes him becoming a synthetic life form.

Something about the idea of... transcending the boundaries of biological life, wrong or not, has always fascinated me. It has something to do with my intrinsic love for Orbeth. The whole "mysteries untold from the vast possibilities of the future/technology and reality itself" sort-of-deal. It's just very cool to me and, in my mind at least, a theme I find easy to relate to in Orbeth music.

In particular, "omnipresent voice" present in "Journey" I think reminds me of a powerful synthetic being or something.

By the way, sorry I haven't been around lately Ben (and anyone else who might by chance have actually missed me albino ). Thought I'd post something now nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bijimitsu
Admin

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:00 am

Eisen wrote:

Something about the idea of... transcending the boundaries of biological life, wrong or not, has always fascinated me. It has something to do with my intrinsic love for Orbeth. The whole "mysteries untold from the vast possibilities of the future/technology and reality itself" sort-of-deal. It's just very cool to me and, in my mind at least, a theme I find easy to relate to in Orbeth music.

In particular, "omnipresent voice" present in "Journey" I think reminds me of a powerful synthetic being or something.

By the way, sorry I haven't been around lately Ben (and anyone else who might by chance have actually missed me albino ). Thought I'd post something now nonetheless.
Hey Eisen, welcome back.......... lol! Coincidentally we have all converged again on the forum. I've been so wrapped up in the HipHop stuff that's being released over the new year I've not had time to think about the Orbethian Borderlands and what lies beyond. However there are whispers in the wind of a new Orbeth project with Clif on drums next year so watch this space. It may happen...... Suspect 

It's great to hear of people out there consciously thinking about the idea's that Orbeth helps to manifest. I had a deep conversation with a guy the other night about the life/death conundrum. It saddens me when people can be so shallow about the whole issue, not being able to just open the box that little bit further and explore other ideas. The 'Synthetic' being feel was not originally planned although I do like the way it ties in with the projected future for us all. Maybe we could start a thread on people's ideas/beliefs about existence and such.

No apologies Eisen, we are all busy in body and mind! Mwuahaahaha! and I missed ya! Wink

study 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orbeth.co.uk
Eisen

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:41 am

I don't think I've heard anything from Clif, unfortunately. Regardless, I'm curious as to what kind of atmosphere you guys will accomplish... And also what your goals are as far as "theme" if any for imminent projects.

Well as I'm sure you're aware Ben, humans can be quite stubborn. What exactly were you discussing, if I might ask? I potentially wouldn't mind pouring some personal thoughts in. We could indeed dedicate a thread if you'd like.

I know we've been busy, but, it's easy for me to place blame on myself and allow trivial things to bother me. I feel that I could have checked in more... and I could have. I feel that it is a failure on my part to make sure that we've kept in touch. But when I think on it more, it seems to me that it does not matter why I've been reluctant and recessive. The past is the past, we all have our reasons. It is up to me to decide if I like the reasoning or not. If I do not, then I change it for the future. I think it's just easy for me to get caught up in myself, to put things aside unless they're necessary or imparitive. I kept thinking we'd run into each other on Skype or Facebook, but I guess after all this time I've been wrong, and luckily for me it seems fairly easy to get a hold of you here.

Anyway, I appreciate the warm welcome back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bijimitsu
Admin

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Well Eisen, Clif is a rhythmical guru when it comes to drumming. Swirling vortices of counter-rotating polyrhythms and blast beats! looool!

The theme will be decided when we start jamming in the new year. I suppose we'd be open to suggestions on theme ideas........ I'll be writing the keys, guitars, bass etc and basic drum patterns then Clif will be working his magic on the rest. We shall see.......

As for my convo with a friend. He basically was explaining to someone that he felt like 'death' was 'the end' and that's it. So I spent the next 2 hours or so explaining my side of things (Evoconibrium theory included) and attempted to encourage him to have hope with a new angle on things. A thread on 'death' specifically might be a bit morbid but nevertheless it's all part and parcel to the grand scheme of things so ........up to you dude............

NO failures Eisen! Judge yourself if you will but as from the words of 'The Keymaker' in 'The Matrix' movies "we are here because it is our purpose"....... Anyway i'm a big victim of getting caught up in myself also so no worries mang! Necessity gets the better of all of us no doubt.

Unfortunately i'm massively busy with career and recording these hip hop lads so again my apologies for not appearing much on Facebook or Skype.
Back to top Go down
Eisen

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:20 am

That's alright man. You know I'm an understanding kind of guy. Hell yeah, Matrix. I may not be a huge fan of the series as a whole nor do I believe so much in "purpose" but the films are relatively badass.

I think a thread may be unnecessary personally, given that our community is small. ... Unless of course, you don't want the responsibility of rallying the other folks and inviting them for conversation, lol. Though at the same time, we need to keep this thread intact and on-topic... It's a good one, IMO. Hmm. I say go for it then, but I invite you to start the thread. I'm not really big on convincing arguments and an opening post on such a topic might be a little weird coming from me.

Oh, don't know how you'll take to this idea, but we could really use a "general chatter/banter/bullshit" thread. I'd prefer that over a dedicated thread. This way, we can keep things relevant and flowing naturally... In theory, at least.

On that note, I've been sick the last couple of days. Been sleeping a hell of a lot. Or rather... slumbering... reveling in splendour... Casting my mind to scapes afar... Dreaming... yes....Sleep 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bijimitsu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:57 pm

"Or rather... slumbering... reveling in splendour... Casting my mind to scapes afar... Dreaming... yes....Sleep"

^^^

cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Eisen

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:18 pm

That will probably always be my favorite sequence of Orbethian lyrics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:29 pm

&

I'm posting more over at my cartoon forum, http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/, so check it oot.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:14 pm

http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/t40-nostalgia-with-toys-and-figures#82
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:20 pm

That is awesome.
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:32 pm

As some of you may not know, I'm a huge (in the gut) fan of the Vikings, my old handle around the interweb is Thorshammer, but I rarely use it anymore because of certain people, not here though, you are all super peoples.
Back to top Go down
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bijimitsu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:41 am

Back to top Go down
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Mon May 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Wed May 21, 2014 12:50 pm

He's visiting Camden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:14 am

Crimson Jihads demonstration of their power and willingness to be humanitarian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:46 pm

These were great. I had the purple one, he used to insult everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Grandiose Things   Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Obama put in a fair amount of effort into this one. Laughing

Note: It seems every thumb for that video is different when embedded. Annoying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Grandiose Things
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next