ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeBeen a while... EmptySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Been a while...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eisen

Eisen

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:27 am

So, apparently it's been even longer than I remember since I last logged in here. A shame, really. In honesty, I'd assumed this place would die and facebook might take its place, but I'm very much glad that has not been the case.

Been busy in one way or another for the past year and a half, most recently dealing with depression and anxiety, getting help with that, and writing a potential story.

To elaborate on that, it's a scifi narrative based on several inspirations... One of them I didn't even quite think of until just a bit ago is Orbethian music. Orbeth wasn't even on my mind at the time I started brainstorming, as the inspiration channeled mostly through some nostalgic game memories. But I thought about it, and there's some Orbeth lyrics that pretty well describe the kind of story I want to tell. Grandoise vistas, elaborate architectures, noble kingdoms, strange beings and fantastic mysteries, blurring the lines between science, magic, and nature... That kind of thing. I'd love to go on more if anyone is interested, but for now I just thought I'd make myself known and I want to get back to surrounding myself with others who enjoy "majestic cosmos" kinda themes and whatnot. Plus, listening to Orbeth again has totally made it easier to further define what kind of story I want. Don't worry though, no plagiarism here. I'm at least smart enough for that. scratch

Anyway, I hope to enjoy returning here for some relaxation. Good to see this place again.
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Good to see you back.
Back to top Go down
http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Eisen

Eisen

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Thanks, mate. Good to be back.
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Any progress with getting any emulators? Or consoles?
Back to top Go down
Eisen

Eisen

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:47 pm

I own a Wii U, 3DS, Gamecube, and have access to a 360 and Xbox One. Since I was forced to switch my OS to Ubuntu I haven't been as focused on emulation. Frankly there aren't many games I can think of that are better emulated. I get to play enough of the old stuff on consoles to where I don't feel like I need to take trips down memory lane at the expense of taking a few hours to get an emulator running on this OS.

What systems do you folks own? Here's to hoping one of you owns Titanfall for X1.
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:49 pm

No xbox here. Don't like them.

If you can nab it cheaply enough, the Zelda promotional disc is well worth the purchase.
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:05 pm

Welcome back. Facerape is okay but, it's not a forum. I think it is more useful for the majority of people who struggle to form more than 1 sentence.

Check out Bijimasters new Beautician album if you haven't already.

And checkout the games thread for more info on gaming activities.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 9:17 am

Eisen wrote:
So, apparently it's been even longer than I remember since I last logged in here. A shame, really. In honesty, I'd assumed this place would die and facebook might take its place, but I'm very much glad that has not been the case.

Been busy in one way or another for the past year and a half, most recently dealing with depression and anxiety, getting help with that, and writing a potential story.

To elaborate on that, it's a scifi narrative based on several inspirations... One of them I didn't even quite think of until just a bit ago is Orbethian music. Orbeth wasn't even on my mind at the time I started brainstorming, as the inspiration channeled mostly through some nostalgic game memories. But I thought about it, and there's some Orbeth lyrics that pretty well describe the kind of story I want to tell. Grandoise vistas, elaborate architectures, noble kingdoms, strange beings and fantastic mysteries, blurring the lines between science, magic, and nature... That kind of thing. I'd love to go on more if anyone is interested, but for now I just thought I'd make myself known and I want to get back to surrounding myself with others who enjoy "majestic cosmos" kinda themes and whatnot. Plus, listening to Orbeth again has totally made it easier to further define what kind of story I want. Don't worry though, no plagiarism here. I'm at least smart enough for that. scratch

Anyway, I hope to enjoy returning here for some relaxation. Good to see this place again.

Well Eisen what can I say other than welcome back!

I'm definitely interested in your ideas and cannot wait to experience them! As for Grandiose vistas and elaborate architectures there are good things to come from Orbeth that will hopefully inspire you further!

Have you seen the promo vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjKajpnaBFQ

This is a small snippet but you should get a basic idea! The 'themes' are flowing in this one!

Plagiarism? no sir! we are all connected!

Looking forward experiencing your offering to the multiverse!

HAIL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
Eisen

Eisen

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:56 pm

So glad to hear there's new content. I don't know what plans you have for vocals, but even without them these songs are amazing so far! I'm really reminded of "I dream" but with a more "progressive" feel to it mixed with the "edge" of the more recent albums. I couldn't be happier with what I just heard. Please keep it up.

Question, though: do you think there's anything I can do to help you and your projects along, whether it's advertising, analysis, or even video editing (if possible, because I run Ubuntu now so finding Windows Programs that work for me is a pain). I would very much like to be more than a listener... A "follower", perhaps? Razz "Loyal subject"? "Advisor"?

Whatever the case, I'm kinda at a point in my life where I feel a bit more confident in at least attempting to help others and sharing ideas.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:56 am

Eisen wrote:
So glad to hear there's new content. I don't know what plans you have for vocals, but even without them these songs are amazing so far! I'm really reminded of "I dream" but with a more "progressive" feel to it mixed with the "edge" of the more recent albums. I couldn't be happier with what I just heard. Please keep it up.

Question, though: do you think there's anything I can do to help you and your projects along, whether it's advertising, analysis, or even video editing (if possible, because I run Ubuntu now so finding Windows Programs that work for me is a pain). I would very much like to be more than a listener... A "follower", perhaps? Razz "Loyal subject"? "Advisor"?

Whatever the case, I'm kinda at a point in my life where I feel a bit more confident in at least attempting to help others and sharing ideas.

We would definitely be up for some advertising and maybe some editing! I run Sony Vegas for editing but my camera is shite as you can tell. All the new Spece Themes vids will be in HD from now on though. We are due to release some vids to accompany the record release.

TBH any help is welcomed to push Orbeth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
Sponsored content

Been a while... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been a while...   Been a while... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been a while...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORBETH EMPIRE :: General Discussion-
Jump to: