ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeConsole Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern EmptySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaia

Gaia

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Empty
PostSubject: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Recently I have been doing some investigating as to these new 8th gen home consoles and what is out there, seeing if anything is actually worth getting.

I can't say I have done a huge amount of testing to be sure but, from what I've seen and played - this new gen of stuff doesn't interest me that much. More than that, it actually bugs me often. There are numerous aspects I could detail as to what/why. Perhaps most of all it seems like a lot of wasted potential, especially with the special effects, which seems to mirror the "changes" in modern films.

However, hope is always there... and I have been intrigued by some of these modern versions of classics with DIFFERENT use of present technology, such as with cel-shaded graphics (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker) and side-scrolling Platform games, where the effects and technology seem to "work" a lot better to me.

Here's a couple of ones that look pretty cool, the classic NES Ducktales redone:

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern DuckTales-Remastered-The-Moon-6

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Ducktales-Remastered-9

And one with a bit of an Orbethian essence perhaps? Trine 2:

^ I think they have even over-done the graphics in that a little but, I still prefer it with the epic backdrops to a lot of the 3D krunk.

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern E3-2011-trine-2-screens-20110608112914439_640w

^ Looks more like a cinematic clip used to be but, that is an actual in-game screen-shot.

As one of Nintendos heads said, Xbox and Playstation seem to becoming virtually identical content these days - thus boring (what's the point in being a different system if you are releasing a lot of the same games?). But Nintendo itself seems to be suffering from a dose of dumb-down syndrome, in trying to distinguish itself in odds ways, by increasingly releasing games that seem focused purely for 3-4 year old's from what I've seen, rather than try and compete on all levels. And I reckon none of these "modern" console controllers have beaten the N64 yet. I tell ya, you can't reinvent the wheel.

Still, thanks to such games hope lives on? alien
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 2:50 pm

One of the most annoying things about the newer consoles, PS3 etc., is the constant need to update the firmware, just to play the fucking game you want.

That is the reason I bought another PS1, being chipped was the icing on the cake. What? It's a dead console, and games are steep. I payed £18 for Parasite Eve II on it, just to play on the PS2, before getting the PS1.
Back to top Go down
http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Amen! You said it porfect bubba.

I NEVER tolerate any home game console that operates like that for much length of time. Disgusting. tongue

And what is the reasoning for it? To keep things "open" and "free" and "up to date"?

No!... I tell you it is to keep things un-controlled, dumbed down, un-regulated... and so people can be lazy and find out what is wrong with something AFTER it is sold to the public.

That is like buying a car and discovering bits of the motor are missing and it conks out sometimes "It's alright mate, we have got some upgraded parts... can come and buy them now and it will work."

NO!

SOD OFF! Laughing
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 2:43 pm

Gaia wrote:
That is like buying a car and discovering bits of the motor are missing and it conks out sometimes "It's alright mate, we have got some upgraded parts... can come and buy them now and it will work."

Tell me about it. I had mine recalled because of the electronic handbrake, shitty idea if you ask me. Then the instrument panel went, which they later found was their shitty design, same with the indicator stalk, which was recalled, but the thick mackem bastard that had it at the time never took it in. So, they'll charge me £104 for their fuck up.

Sorry I went off there a bit, but yeah.

Don't get me started on the DLC, which pretty much the same as "fixing" their faults.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:02 am

Gaia wrote:

No!... I tell you it is to keep things un-controlled, dumbed down, un-regulated... and so people can be lazy and find out what is wrong with something AFTER it is sold to the public.

NO!

SOD OFF! Laughing

AMEN! cheers

I'm not going to comment on this at the moment........ Just watching this thread until further notice alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 8:49 am

Lots of naughty 'hacking' going on over the festive period from the identity gremlins ........ And coincidentally a shat load of updates on the PSN.

On that note "try hacking this fuckers"........

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Ninten10

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern N64_0011

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Street10
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 3:48 pm

The N64 is a fantastic console. I regret deeply selling mine and Goaldenied is easily the best game on it for multiplayer, even though I always lost haha. Mario 64 set the benchmark for what platform games should be like in 3D. That and Zelda, both Ocarina and Majora's. And F-Zero, well you all know that wipeout wants to win badly, but Nintendo know how to make quality games.

The Command and Conquer on it wasn't very good though, compared to the PC and PS1 version.
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Agreed with both.

That is another element of modern console machines that are annoying... the wi-fi-READY and often overly-complex software that comes with it.

Having Wi Fi as an option is one thing, but having it built with that in mind is disagreeable. It should be "Ethernet Ready" at best first and foremost. And games should NOT be made with the idea that you can download "updates"... that is BS. But, most of all, a system should come 4 PLAYER LOCAL READY! Hence home console! All in favour say aye.

I have been researching this poo recently as I had wanted to get into the 8th gen of consoles but, haven't been too impressed thus far. The Gamecube was a to the best of my knowledge a large waste of a perfectly good opportunity, as with subsequent Nintendos - which lost a lot of their characters I think. They are focusing too much on the "baby market" I'd call it. Gamecube could have done great with just 2-3 more top titles, like puting out Perfect Dark remake like they were planning... although I am still looking to getting a Gamecube for some of the key exclusive titles like Rogue Squadron with co-op that I never played properly.

As for modern gaming.... recently had a go on the fairly new "Call of Duty Black OPS 2"...

I rate it pretty good thus far, maybe 9/10. Zombie mode was ace. Hard to say how it compares to Goldeneye just yet.

But the shear amount of options in it is overkill. 3 major issues I noted so far are the main cross hair was crud (too big and wide and couldn't change) and I couldn't see how the hell you could choose your character for local gaming sessions?! If you can't choose a character that is just not going to work. Finally, the control system whilst good, I think is still not quite the same as Gaydeneye.

All round Black ops seemed all rather setup for online playing first and foremost which is not acceptable.

Soon I'm going to try COD 4 modern warfare with one of my mates, if he escapes prison since his eviction. Everyone's dying or getting evicted/arrested lately.

Finally on Goldeneye again, the PC version graphics are mint and their was a remake Goldeneye XBLA that WAS due to come out for Xbox Live (stupid idea that was) as it should be a stand alone game. The remade graphics on it look astounding. Think I posted some pics before.

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Bridge
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Gaia wrote:
although I am still looking to getting a Gamecube for some of the key exclusive titles like Rogue Squadron with co-op that I never played properly.

I have this setup, even though I barely play it. The Zelda games from the N64 gets played though on it.

I might give Rogue Squadron another try.
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Gaia wrote:
although I am still looking to getting a Gamecube for some of the key exclusive titles like Rogue Squadron with co-op that I never played properly.

I have this setup, even though I barely play it. The Zelda games from the N64 gets played though on it.

I might give Rogue Squadron another try.
How are you doing that an emulator?

That Gamecube thing has some good titles, I forgot it has the Gameboy player thing so you can play all sorts of Gameboy things too. Then you can play all of it on the Wii. The paralysis of choice comes into play as ever.
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:52 pm

I have a Gamecube. My mam bought it for me years ago and I bought Rogue Squadron from Gamestation, just before they were bought by game, then closed down. From what I read, they threw away loads of retro consoles and games, like the Mega Drive and SNES.
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
From what I read, they threw away loads of retro consoles and games, like the Mega Drive and SNES.
A crime punishable by the harshest means. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Definitely.

Luckily, I've found a place that do retro consoles, so when I have some spare moolah, I might just invest in some classics.

And, I can vouch for the place too as I ordered a Tomy Space Turbo from there, it unfortunately arrived faulty and he refunded no problem. Even said to keep the game and try and fix it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern   Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Console Gaming: "Modern" vs. Classic Modern
Page 1 of 1