ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeLive Shows  EmptySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live Shows

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:14 am

So after a discussion with Ewan from Beautician it has been decided that some live shows should be worked on to push Space Themes.

Given that the challenge of playing Beautician live has been managed well, Ewan has offered to join me and collaborate to get Orbeth on the road.

To be honest it's something that I've obviously wanted to do for years but haven't had the opportunity due to the issue of finding musicians willing to play the material.

For now the brainstorming has left us with a two piece playing guitar to backing tracks. This shouldn't be an issue as it will enable us to be consistent and controlled sonically. That said if there are any bass players/drummers/keyboard players out there that dog the material please get in touch!

For now though I think it's safe to say that things will be looking good in the future! I'm really hoping to push this record to it's full potential!

Obviously Space Themes would be the main agenda but are there any tracks that you peeps would like to hear live from the other records?

I appreciate this has been discussed before but this time i'd like to take it a little more seriously!

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 4:50 pm

If you pass by Newcastle, say hi haha.

Anyway, I've always loved I Am But A Thought and Scorpious Frequency has my absolute favourite riff.
Back to top Go down
http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
If you pass by Newcastle, say hi haha.

Anyway, I've always loved I Am But A Thought and Scorpious Frequency has my absolute favourite riff.

Ok cheers for the suggestions T!

We will try and put on as many shows as possible subject to promoters letting us in the door!

Back to top Go down
Eisen

Eisen

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Can you play like... All of them?

No but if I had to choose off the top of my head, "Lunar Prayer" is a must. Definitely my favorite Orbeth track... But then, I'm not going to be attending any of these shows sadly... Unless you happen to come to the east coast.

Other tracks that I think would be good:

Prey to a Thousand Eyes
Scorpius Frequency or Riding the Ice Fields or Interstellar (woops I can't pick one)
Half Way There (if possible)
I am but a Thought
Master Soloz or Soar
Sun Roamer or Absolute Power
Sonic Power
We Are But a Thought or Orbethian Queen
Testpad (probably not likely, but I absolutely love this fucking song)

Again, I can't dictate too much because I'm not attending these any time soon, but these are just some I'd like to see. A shame that quite a few of my favorites probably won't be kosher to play where you're playing (songs from Heaven, Winds, more droney stuff)

Seriously awesome to hear you're pushing this though. I'd love to see what'd come of live shows.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:09 pm

All are considered and we shall see!

Excellent! I'm sure we shall film any live footage !

p.s. Eisen you'll hopefully like the track 'Cosmos Roamers' from the new record........it's got a naughty little nostalgic riff! Wink
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Bijimitsu wrote:
We will try and put on as many shows as possible subject to promoters letting us in the door!

Aye, some can't get the requirements right, circa Nile 2005.

If Newcastle does happen, can I bring my camcorder and record the show? It'll be in full HD and I'd send a copy to anyone who wants it, subject to your permission of corpse.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Bijimitsu wrote:

Aye, some can't get the requirements right, circa Nile 2005.

If Newcastle does happen, can I bring my camcorder and record the show? It'll be in full HD and I'd send a copy to anyone who wants it, subject to your permission of corpse.

Ace !

Full HD of Ben making loads of mistakes haha!

Some rehearsals first me thinks !
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Hehe I'm sure it won't be that bad.
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:09 pm

This is great news!

Not only will it help get the album name out there - but obviously gain more fans, more word of mouth, thereby extension with any luck gaining more musician interest!

Even with just the 2 of you and backing tracks, It will still sound much better than a lot of bands. Hopefully you'll use those drums off the Seventh album.

I think I said before but, I would rather listen to any of the Orbeth catalogue played great than some of the incredible tracks played mediocre. So whatever you are best at currently would be good Imo.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Gaia wrote:
This is great news!

Not only will it help get the album name out there - but obviously gain more fans, more word of mouth, thereby extension with any luck gaining more musician interest!

Even with just the 2 of you and backing tracks, It will still sound much better than a lot of bands. Hopefully you'll use those drums off the Seventh album.

I think I said before but, I would rather listen to any of the Orbeth catalogue played great than some of the incredible tracks played mediocre. So whatever you are best at currently would be good Imo.

I totally agree Gaia!

I definitely want it all to sound bang on target! so for now backing tracks it is!

\m/\m/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Live Shows  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Shows    Live Shows  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live Shows
Page 1 of 1