ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeA short Devin moment EmptySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A short Devin moment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

A short Devin moment Empty
PostSubject: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
Eisen

Eisen

PostSubject: Re: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 3:07 am

Is this an excerpt from the album? I guess I'm not sure what a "Devin moment" is, but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

PostSubject: Re: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Eisen wrote:
Is this an excerpt from the album? I guess I'm not sure what a "Devin moment" is, but I like it.

Negative Sir,

just jamming along to the track "Away" by Devin Townsend.

\m/\m/
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Saw this on fakerybook.

Still, sounds superyb.
Back to top Go down
http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:20 pm

One of the best tracks off Accelerated and for DTP in general.

Objectively.

Truthfully.

Iron-clad in absolute, robotic-impenetrable, un-open to any form of debate factually.

Shame he doesn't play it more live.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

PostSubject: Re: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Gaia wrote:
One of the best tracks off Accelerated and for DTP in general.

Objectively.

Truthfully.

Iron-clad in absolute, robotic-impenetrable, un-open to any form of debate factually.

Shame he doesn't play it more live.

Totally agreed. (I actually got nervous when I read you'd posted here)

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Have you guys heard one of DTPs new tracks "Warrior"?

The phrasing on it is very Bijimitsu'ish to my ears, what do you lot think (e.g. that video where he was testing the cheapo Ibanez with floral pattern).

I know of a few other names it might sound like but, that specific phrase sounded very Ben-like. So unless Ben learned that phrase in the cheapo jam off someone else, then I reckon he has ripped you off!

I know for a fact Devin has ripped a few things off in his time, whether intentionally or via his mates shoving stuff in his face, he still does it - including one of my own ideas.

He is aware of Orbeth to a degree I think. I know as I used to spam their forum a bit with Orbethian material before I got banned for intentionally stirring the masses up a bit too much Laughing

Bijimitsu wrote:
Totally agreed. (I actually got nervous when I read you'd posted here)

lol!
Not sure why nervous chief? I'm not THAT huge of a DTP fan, and I thought you did a very good job (nice tone match), although a bit too much shredonit (get it, shredonic) for that particular piece I think. Just shame it wasn't a full track jam.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

PostSubject: Re: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Ace!

Well hopefully he heard it and thought "that's a cool band" haha! I have no problem with peeps using Orbeth as an inspiration!

I'm pretty sure Space Themes is going to enable some ! (hell I can retire after this record is released Wink )

Trololol on the trolling of the DTP forum ! that's the spirit! haha! As for the jam......aye I went all Vai(ish) on a whim. Should really do a whole track jam.

I was nervous for exactly that reason........... it is too shreddy.......

sometimes less is more! *Space Themes plug*
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:06 am

Bijimitsu wrote:
Ace! Well hopefully he heard it and thought "that's a cool band" haha! I have no problem with peeps using Orbeth as an inspiration!

So you agree then that the first riff does sound Bijimitsu-ish? I don't know Vai or others enough to know if they did anything similar, I just remember hearing you do it. So if it was your own signature riffage - perhaps that's where he got the title for the track then, having seen your tattoo's and swords and the like maybe?

Bijimitsu wrote:
Trololol on the trolling of the DTP forum ! that's the spirit! haha!

I wouldn't have really called it "Trolling" in the traditional sense. I brought up a few controversial topics for the hell of it, tried to start some interesting intellectual debates.

It was only really when they put up a brick wall of tyrannical, no-speech on this or that allowed... that elements of "Trolling" may have occurred a bit Embarassed . (On this note I prefer the Orbeth forum).

Bijimitsu wrote:
As for the jam......aye I went all Vai(ish) on a whim. Should really do a whole track jam.

I might post a suggestion to do with this soon.

Bijimitsu wrote:
I was nervous for exactly that reason........... it is too shreddy....... sometimes less is more!

Indeed. This is an interesting subject. It has always intrigued me how a fair few shredders over-do their shredding. That on the one hand they can play with great speed and complexity - but on the other, don't seem that good at utilizing it very well in a musical context.

Nothing to worry about too much as I'm sure others would agree - you've always been on the more musical, and clever-context side of lead-work to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A short Devin moment   A short Devin moment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A short Devin moment
Page 1 of 1