ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeOrb - Ascension EmptySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orb - Ascension

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

Orb - Ascension Empty
PostSubject: Orb - Ascension   Orb - Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Hail all,

Firstly apologies from the Orbethian realm. As you may have read in another thread I have been somewhat indisposed with other duties and music, since 2015, has been put on the back burner a little.

I have good news in that there is music happening and I'll keep you updated about it here. I do fear however that it's a rather drastic change from what one should expect from Orbeth. Therefore I've decided to change the name of the "band" for this particular album/EP (unknown at this stage). The new title is simpler as you can see above. I believe it's a bit more catchy and enables me to make the artwork fit nicely.

For now the new project is called "Ascension". I may stick with this I may not.

In terms of sound it's mostly big beat/synth/dubstep (sort of) shizzle with subtle guitars. I'm still experimenting with vocals. Again it's in the early stages of production so nothing is set in stone.  

I have to say that my musical taste has changed massively since having all the ear problems. I rarely listen to Metal anymore sadly *hides Cryptopsy - None So Vile Laughing Laughing Laughing

I am however trying to remain "in keeping" with the Orbeth feel So much of the chord progressions and transitions/solo's etc will be reminiscent of the sounds of old.

Anyway for those who have stuck around you have my gratitude!

Catch you soon with more audible bumfoolery!

B
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Orb - Ascension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orb - Ascension   Orb - Ascension Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 9:00 pm

Not really a dubstep fan per se, but adding olden sounding guitars may change that. Also liking some synth, as you can tell Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Gaia

Gaia

Orb - Ascension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orb - Ascension   Orb - Ascension Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Hey B.
Thanks for update. lol @ shortened name change.

As you can prob know, I like a fair amount of electronic shat now and then so, sounds v cool.

One top cool thing with your recordings is the experimentation... and the name change is no exception. Most people probably wouldn't even think to do that or have the guts to so, some merit there I reckon.

Bijimitsu wrote:
I am however trying to remain "in keeping" with the Orbeth feel So much of the chord progressions and transitions/solo's etc will be reminiscent of the sounds of old.

That is another classic element of a lot of your sounds. Look forward to hearing the new style when you get the time / chance to continue. Thanks for update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orb - Ascension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orb - Ascension   Orb - Ascension Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orb - Ascension
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORBETH EMPIRE :: NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: