ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeQ - Instinct EmptySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Q - Instinct

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

Q - Instinct Empty
PostSubject: Q - Instinct   Q - Instinct Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 7:14 pm

https://quantuminstinct.bandcamp.com

The new album can be found here!

As expected the name changed again as I needed something that was more relevant to the project.

There are two versions on the bandcamp page (Instrumental/Vocal version) The album will be available on all stores within a week.

Thanks to Tommy for synths on "The Journey"

ENJOY!!!!!!

I've very much enjoyed making this one. It's been a lot of fun! I'll be happy to answer questions on here when I can jump back on again.

Respect to all

B

Q - Instinct Album_10
Q - Instinct Album_11
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Q - Instinct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q - Instinct   Q - Instinct Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Listening to Midnight Transformer MASK now.
Back to top Go down
http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Gaia

Gaia

Q - Instinct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q - Instinct   Q - Instinct Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 7:16 pm

This is some v good musical news! Nice that you've done an instrumental-only release also again.

Excuse the delay... we've had some... interesting developments our end.

I've given this a brief spin recently now I'm more available again, and initial impressions are v good! Will feedback more when I've had proper chance to process the works. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

Q - Instinct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q - Instinct   Q - Instinct Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Hey Ben / Orbeth camp ppl. Excuse the delay, have had some.. interesting interruptions lately you could say.

I've listened to the new Ben band? project?  "Q"... album "Instinct" fully now, in fact listening regularly lately and have come to the conclusion it is rather good ! Rather bloody good to say the least indeed.  Reminds me somewhat of the "Winds" album in some areas... which was one of high points of the recent 2012 sessions imo, so obvs I was looking forward to this album when I heard about it and... I'm not disappointed.

Tbh this is actually better than Winds in number of ways, ... more evolved, even matured e.g. the song writing is better (and somewhat different),... I think their's simply just a bigger selection of top quality songs imo. And I'm not just talking about quality as in among Bens own Orbeth catalogue....  this is stuff easily defeats and wipes the floor with a lot of the SHAT pumped out at clubs / bars etc by society lately imo. Maybe not quite on production in some areas according to some but, darn close enough and certainly musically so... high marks there also.

I should clarify this feedback is regarding listening mainly the instrumental album atm for numerous reasons.  I may well do some additional feedback later on the sung version,... but what I've heard of that is fairly good / well sung actually also. Tbh I prefer the instrumental currently (plenty enough going on to contemplate with the instruments alone, and being an instrument player also) so I'm v glad Ben released that version (Cheers B!).

In comparison to other Ben music... I think Ben has made equally good and even better music elsewhere but, this is surely the best dance / trance style effort yet all round definitely, so... congrats on that. This one will be spinning for some while for sure! I'll be sure to grab a physical copy if one ever gets pressed.

As I said, this time round its much harder to name favs as most of the album is v cool but, I'd say some of the top tracks are: "Instinct" (Obvs, classic), "Time Lost" and probably "Ascension" also, epic! Classic stuff.  

So congrats on that Ben & co... you've outdone yourselves again. Hopefully you'll be able to keep upping the bar as you go (hard as that must be getting), and hope to hear more of this type of stuff in the future !  
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

Q - Instinct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q - Instinct   Q - Instinct Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Gaia wrote:
Hey Ben / Orbeth camp ppl. Excuse the delay, have had some.. interesting interruptions lately you could say.

I've listened to the new Ben band? project?  "Q"... album "Instinct" fully now, in fact listening regularly lately and have come to the conclusion it is rather good ! Rather bloody good to say the least indeed.  Reminds me somewhat of the "Winds" album in some areas... which was one of high points of the recent 2012 sessions imo, so obvs I was looking forward to this album when I heard about it and... I'm not disappointed.

Tbh this is actually better than Winds in number of ways, ... more evolved, even matured e.g. the song writing is better (and somewhat different),... I think their's simply just a bigger selection of top quality songs imo. And I'm not just talking about quality as in among Bens own Orbeth catalogue....  this is stuff easily defeats and wipes the floor with a lot of the SHAT pumped out at clubs / bars etc by society lately imo. Maybe not quite on production in some areas according to some but, darn close enough and certainly musically so... high marks there also.

I should clarify this feedback is regarding listening mainly the instrumental album atm for numerous reasons.  I may well do some additional feedback later on the sung version,... but what I've heard of that is fairly good / well sung actually also. Tbh I prefer the instrumental currently (plenty enough going on to contemplate with the instruments alone, and being an instrument player also) so I'm v glad Ben released that version (Cheers B!).

In comparison to other Ben music... I think Ben has made equally good and even better music elsewhere but, this is surely the best dance / trance style effort yet all round definitely, so... congrats on that. This one will be spinning for some while for sure! I'll be sure to grab a physical copy if one ever gets pressed.

As I said, this time round its much harder to name favs as most of the album is v cool but, I'd say some of the top tracks are: "Instinct" (Obvs, classic), "Time Lost" and probably "Ascension" also, epic! Classic stuff.  

So congrats on that Ben & co... you've outdone yourselves again. Hopefully you'll be able to keep upping the bar as you go (hard as that must be getting), and hope to hear more of this type of stuff in the future !  
Cheers.

Many thanks for taking the time to review this Gaia.

My apologies in the lack of presence on the forum. I managed to forget my password and get myself locked out for a while.

I too enjoy the instrumental version. Some cool guitar playing ! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
Gaia

Gaia

Q - Instinct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q - Instinct   Q - Instinct Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 2:06 am

Bijimitsu wrote:
Many thanks for taking the time to review this Gaia.

My apologies in the lack of presence on the forum. I managed to forget my password and get myself locked out for a while.

I too enjoy the instrumental version. Some cool guitar playing ! lol

No problemo B.

Good to see you recalled your details at last Laughing

Hopefully youll still be kicking around forum from time to time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Q - Instinct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q - Instinct   Q - Instinct Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Q - Instinct
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORBETH EMPIRE :: NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: