ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeSarpanitum. EmptySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sarpanitum.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Sarpanitum. Empty
PostSubject: Sarpanitum.   Sarpanitum. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 2:56 pm

This is easily a favourite song by these guys.

Likey?
Back to top Go down
http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Gaia

Gaia

Sarpanitum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarpanitum.   Sarpanitum. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 12:03 am

This is a band I've known about almost since their beginning and kept an eye on for good U.K. DM Potential if you like.

When I heard Leon of Mithras joined I was obviously even more hopeful due to my interest in his Mithras band, their unique sounds and such. Too bad I gather he's now left but, hopefully the band will continue on in some form or another with this style / sound. If he were ever re-involved should be very cool also.

As for the actual album, it's pretty darn good. Some great tunes, phrasing and great production. This album sounds more Mithras-like overall on this album to me, naturally due to Leons involvement... always good. The addition of keyboards especially in-song is a great aspect I wish more bands would do.

Pretty unique production and guitar sound, a sound that is imo semi-Mithras-like, with their own unique twists and take on the sound obviously. Cleverly done.

When this band and album gets good, it gets very good. The album doesn't quite pack enough stand-out tracks for my liking... feels a bit like a stretched EP also sometimes but, as I say... when it's good its very good. And the top notch tracks stand out very good, well worth their weight.

It's actually pretty darn "musical" with the very good parts and tracks... I dare say more so even than Mithras, perhaps. (In a different, Melodic-ish type of way at least.)

Tbh, this band and where this sound has gone musically is the sort of musicality and style I was hoping other big more musical DM bands would start producing (E.G. Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel etc) years ago, and like 5-albums ago lol. Not to mention them ideally having a similar big, crisp production that they all lack for a large part, that I assume Leon helped with which is pretty darn classic.

As for track feedback, the intro track is obviously grand, ... and would sound ace live no doubt.  Truth is a classic, twisted, warped sounding track that wipes the floor with other big DM bands and songs. Can't say Defy is one of my fav's atm but, there's numerous other classic parts / tracks I could mention but that might spoil things for noobs. All i'll say for now is, keep an ear out for some of the endings among other things, especially the last track... very epic and classic!

Hope most of you concur and have enjoyed this little feedback. And hope to hear more from these guys some day!

Cheers!

[p.s. I actually bought this CD not long after it came out, I thought I lost it for a while in post and tried to get some feedback from the band / their merch email (No response unfortunately.) I found out later some turd had stole it off me, no b.s.,  Longish story for later perhaps. Will buy another at some stage no doubt.]
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

Sarpanitum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarpanitum.   Sarpanitum. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 8:31 pm

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

I joke.

I know what you mean by no response to emails concerning merch. I ordered Detrimentums last album, waited 6 weeks, nothing. Emailed them, nothing. Luckily I paid through PayPal and after a week, got my money back. It's a shame when bands do that to their fans. I got a t-shirt from them years ago, and it couldn't have been smoother transaction. So I downloaded the songs from youtube and they got nothing.

Anyhoo, back to Sarpanitum, got the two full lengths, but lack the Fidelium ep.
Back to top Go down
http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Sponsored content

Sarpanitum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarpanitum.   Sarpanitum. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sarpanitum.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORBETH EMPIRE :: Other Music Discussion-
Jump to: