ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeAlbum Cover released!  EmptySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album Cover released!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

Album Cover released!  Empty
PostSubject: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Album Cover released!  Orb_st10

Myself and Clif have been pondering the idea of calling the record

"Orbethia - Space Themes".

Said pondering has not yet revealed a conclusion so enjoy the above for now!

B
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 2:05 pm

This is my favourite cover. Suits the theme well.
Back to top Go down
http://cartooncartoons.forumotion.co.uk/
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
This is my favourite cover. Suits the theme well.

And me dude. See if you can guess which 1980's movie part inspired the red and blue galaxies merging?!
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 3:41 pm

A challenge eh?

I was going to say Abraxas : Guardian of the Universe, but that was 1990.

Battle Beyond the Stars?

Or The Last Starfighter?
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 5:41 pm

cool guesses! but incorrect ....mwhuhhuhuhuhahaa

would you like another clue or the answer good sir?
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 8:39 pm

No hints yet (for me at least) I will need at least 5+ tries.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind?
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Gaia wrote:
No hints yet (for me at least) I will need at least 5+ tries.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind?

Negative! *Arnie Voice*
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:41 am

Transformers: The Movie?
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Gaia WINS !

0:07 - 0:23

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:51 am

Sweet. I've got 100 points according to Bijimaster! I think that's the 2nd theme I've guessed correct, took me a bit longer this time.

Apparently galaxy merging is the most violent type of galaxy interaction! What a Face

Wonder if this has anything to do with the album? The promo clip was clever to not give too much away. Some ace sounding parts on it though.
Back to top Go down
JeepSwensonFan

JeepSwensonFan

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:48 pm

I never thought of Transformers. Been a while since we watched it, though the soundtrack gets regular listens, I mean :-

We did get Age of Extinction on Monday though, but ye knaa.
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 8:15 am

Gaia wrote:

Wonder if this has anything to do with the album? The promo clip was clever to not give too much away. Some ace sounding parts on it though.

You're definitely correct sir!. The promo is geared to not giving much away. There's even some cheeky editing in there as well to shorten some of the parts heard.

I wouldn't say that there are 'violent' parts in the record itself parse. There are grandiose sections and relentless 'themes' with phrasing designed to remind us of the Multiverse and said galaxy clashes. That said some of the parts are dark DAAAAAAAARK MWUUUWHUHUHUHUHUH!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

There are some ace Phrygian mode pieces also \m/\m/

farao farao farao
Back to top Go down
blastrealmz
Admin
blastrealmz

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:59 pm

Bijimitsu wrote:
Gaia wrote:

You're definitely correct sir!. The promo is geared to not giving much away. There's even some cheeky editing in there as well to shorten some of the parts heard.

I wouldn't say that there are 'violent' parts in the record itself parse. There are grandiose sections and relentless 'themes' with phrasing designed to remind us of the Multiverse and said galaxy clashes. That said some of the parts are dark DAAAAAAAARK MWUUUWHUHUHUHUHUH!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

There are some ace Phrygian mode pieces also \m/\m/

farao farao farao

Album Cover released!  Ancientorbethian
Album Cover released!  Menantol3
Album Cover released!  0a5497gAlbum Cover released!  0a5497gAlbum Cover released!  0a5497g
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 9:52 pm

Excellent.

Will certainly be interesting to hear what it sounds like with real drums. We've been all too used to quantum perfection for quite some time, no pressure on Cliff to compete then Wink

If the promo is anything to go by, this could well be the best Orbethian constructions out of the chamber in quite some time.

The logo itself is looking rather grand these days in its blue glory. Starting to warm to this alien-esq font. It looks a bit similar to others I've seen but, can't quite put a finger on it. An original font perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 7:38 am

Gaia wrote:
Excellent.

Will certainly be interesting to hear what it sounds like with real drums. We've been all too used to quantum perfection for quite some time, no pressure on Cliff to compete then  Wink

If the promo is anything to go by, this could well be the best Orbethian constructions out of the chamber in quite some time.

The logo itself is looking rather grand these days in its blue glory. Starting to warm to this alien-esq font. It looks a bit similar to others I've seen but, can't quite put a finger on it. An original font perhaps?

Agreed on the drumming front. I have to say that "to quantum perfection" is quite a compliment given that that the Space Themes demo and 13th orb aren't programmed drums. cheers

I've also pretty much exhausted lecturing Clif on how precise the drums must be "PREEEECISSSEEEEE I TELLL YA" *Crack of a whip*

As for the font it's not an original so perhaps a small challenge is in order to track it dooooon!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gaia

Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Bijimitsu wrote:
Agreed on the drumming front. I have to say that "to quantum perfection" is quite a compliment given that that the Space Themes demo and 13th orb aren't programmed drums. cheers

I've also pretty much exhausted lecturing Clif on how precise the drums must be "PREEEECISSSEEEEE I TELLL YA" *Crack of a whip*

As for the font it's not an original so perhaps a small challenge is in order to track it dooooon!

lol!
Not to spoil the moment but, I was thinking more the other albums with the machine/samples that make up the majority of the catalogue at present. Having said that, the drumming on the non-programmed albums has interesting qualities which I will get into at some stage (don't think I've mentioned them much before).

Will probably go in depth when I post some of the reviews to the Metallum at some stage (when I get access to one of my standard HDD, ahem)

lmao @ whip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover released!    Album Cover released!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Cover released!
Page 1 of 1