ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL ORBETH FORUM!

SOME SECTIONS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO MEMBERS.

PLEASE REGISTER TO GAIN FULL ACCESS INCLUDING ORBETH MUSIC DOWNLOADS!

HAIL!!!
ORBETH EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORBETH EMPIRE

WELCOME TO THE GRACELAND

HomeSpace Themes progress and rant EmptySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Themes progress and rant

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bijimitsu
Admin
Bijimitsu

Location : Orbethian Architect - guitarist, drummer, keyboard slayer, bass slapper, vocalist, producer............... I am but a thought.................

Space Themes progress and rant Empty
PostSubject: Space Themes progress and rant   Space Themes progress and rant Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Ok,

I appreciate that all of you guys are being patient on this project but please bear with me as there are good things to come! EPIC things I promise!
I’ve started this thread just to get some things off my chest about Space Themes and give you an insight into how I feel about it! So here goes……………….

I cannot stress enough how much I love this record!
Space Themes for me encompasses, after over ten years of finding the Orbethian sound, everything that Orbeth and “the vision” is for me! It literally takes me away to that place envisaged over ten years ago and plonks me on the Blue Green Graceland ! It enables me to shut my eyes and traverse across the multiverse! It gives me that same “hit in the chest life changing moment” that bands gave me when I was a teen (LOL)…….. There is a section with a solo in ‘The Arbiters Of Time’ that literally stops me in my tracks and makes me realise why I am here on this planet! Interpret it as you will but I equate certain moments in music to invoke a feeling of being “close to god”, whatever god may be! It gives me an insight into the networks of the multiverse, a peek through a gap in the curtain of reality! Or something…………

I know that on previous projects I’ve spouted that “this is the best one yet” blah blah but trust me when I say this one is BEYOND all of that! This one hasn’t been about wanking my musical penis or trying to be a rock star (LOL) It’s been about me searching deep within and actually conjuring what Orbeth means to me personally. It’s simple yet complex! It moves and undulates! It has energy! It is…………Orbeth.
This time around I’ve had the opportunity to take my time and offer the music my absolute attention. Whereas previous projects have been, I’m happy to say now, RUSHED and blitzed out in two weeks or whatever; Space Themes has not and as you are all probably aware has taken considerably longer!

Both the composition and production have been thought out well I feel! For example, after a stiff American boot up the arse there are now 4 rhythm guitar tracks! Two direct SansAmp line in left and right and two 50% left and right straight out of my Laney cab into a very good Mic! The guitars are badass! (not as you hear on the promo vid Wink)
So without going into too much of an essay I LOVE THIS FUCKING RECORD! I’m happy to say that pretty much all of my musical ability has gone into it and I can’t wait to share it with you guys! Clif will feel the same I’m sure and I can’t wait to hear how his input will increase the sonic power of Space Themes (see what I did there).  In my humble opinion, as good as all the other records are, this one blows them all out of the water! It’s over an hour of my musical heart spilled out in an attempt to finally embody what Orbeth should sound like! (Clif's spilling to come)

And that’s not to mention the bonus tracks! Holy crap I hope you guys freak just like I did when you hear who’s on them! They are truly a big Orbethian Space boot to the face! *insert evil laugh*

So again…….thank you guys for the ongoing support! Without you lot Orbeth wouldn’t be what it is today! HAIL ORBETH ! and HAIL YOU, THE ORBETHIAN SPACE LORDS!

Hold on to your underpants! THIS IS GOING TO TOTALLY KICK FOOKIN AYASS!

P.S. if me and Ewan can pull it off we will be getting it out there as a live show! Watch this SPACE …….. (Theme) \m/\m/
Back to top Go down
http://www.orbeth.co.uk

Space Themes progress and rant
Page 1 of 1